Know your tax responsibilities


In addition to understanding the legal implications of your business, it is important to know your tax responsibilities.


You can receive tax advice and services from a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or an Enrolled Agent. To be an Enrolled agent requires passing an Internal Revenue Service examination and a background check by the IRS.

The IRS has considerable information on your tax responsibilities and lots of helpful educational information and training for small business, including video seminars.


Also, the US Small Business Administration has free, useful information and links. It also has grants and other forms of assistance for small and startup businesses. It is well worthwhile taking a deeper dive into their sites.